Monday, March 12, 2012

The Brave Husband Weighs In!

Today is sort of craptastic!  The sun said, "why bother get'n outta bed?" and when the Sun doesn't get out of bed... it makes it really difficult for me to get out of bed also!  Negative Nelly... I am definitely affected by this midwest weather, and this California girl had no idea how good she had it growing up in such a sunny place!

So instead of focusing on the craptastic weather and the mood that has followed suit... I'll write about yesterday.  When the sun was shinning and it was a balmy 64 degrees out!  I was all set to go for my run, but the kids really wanted to go with me!  I was thinking of running 3 to 5 miles and wasn't sure they would be able to keep up.
But, the brave husband was off of work and since he is on this get healthy quest with me,... I decided to pull his butt up and out also!  One tandem stroller, one brave husband, 3 kids excited to come out of hibernation and a packed lunch later... and we were off!
I ran, Jeff power walked and pushed sis in the stroller, and the boys ran with me... the entire way.... and were in front of me, the entire way!  The boys, who I was concerned would not be able to keep up!?  Ya, I couldn't keep up with them!!

We stopped at a neighborhood park to play, enjoy some lunch (mmm, cold chicken breast)... and then we headed back.
Jeff took some pictures of the boys and I running... which only confirmed to me further my earlier prediction... which is I look nothing like what I imagine I look like in my head while running, and a lot more like a fat kid that loves cake!  Kind of discouraging when I've been working so hard and feeling so good seeing the scale move, to see a picture... they're worth a thousand words right!?  Ya, well, let's just say, there are no words.... other than "is that what I really look like?"  Oh my.  He took quite a few, and there is only one, I can kind of consider posting... and that's because it's so far away that you can't see all my chub.... although if you double click on it, you might get a better view... ewe.


And below is a shot of us after running up the high sledding hill by our house... it kicked my fat butt!



As a special treat, we decided to try out this new frozen yogurt shop that just moved into our neighborhood.  I'm thinking about moving in general, to Yumz!  Boy does it live up to it's name!  It's all the deliciousness we heard it would be and more!  Fat free, full of calcium, vitamin D, magnesium, Vitamin B-5, Vitamin B-12, protein and it's packed with Probiotics!
But what really has me sold, is the taste!  Holy SMACK!  It's soft serve ice cream!  I would never know the difference!  I had Peanut Butter with a scoop of reeces pieces, not the best idea... but I couldn't resist and figured I deserved a treat!  It was divine!  Especially after having nothing but egg whites, chicken breast, tuna, salad and cottage cheese for the last 2 weeks straight!  So we made an agreement that we'd treat ourselves to Yumz for every 10 pounds we lose!  Let me tell you, that is some motivation!!
Yumz is Delissshhhhhhous... as my sissy would say! ;)

So I promised you the weigh in for the Brave Husband today, and he bravely stepped on the scale!
This is what he got:


Woot, woot!  Applause to the Brave Husband... he's lost 6 pounds!  Hey that's what I lost at my first weigh in too!
Not fair, if you'd seen some of the stuff he got eat!  :) But that's how it goes, Men can just lose it!
We women, we hang onto our baggage don't we!?  Ugh....

Congratulations Jeff... you're 6 pounds less!  Just 30 to go!!  Keep up the good work!!

Just remember, you do not want your son's and daughter to be Dad-less when they're 14, 16 and 18... which is how old they'd be when you have your first heart attack like the cardiologist said.
I'm with ya, my cholesterol is genetic, but dangerously high... higher than Jeff's.  So we do it for ourselves, we do it for each other,.... but most importantly we do it for them!
Those sweet little faces who need us so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment