Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Big, Beautiful Day!

It was a gorgeous day out today!  Downright HOT at moments... the trail was long... and at times confusing... but I was relieved to find that only a short part of it is in water, rocky or grassy... for the most part, it's all dirt path which is ideal!  Flat, smooth and easy on the joints!

I only ran about a mile of it, and took my time walking the other 9 miles... stopping to eat, drink and take pictures!  It was packed with people bike riding, riding horses, running, walking... I loved it!

"Big Bertha" the big hill on the 9th mile is a lot less big and a lot more long... don't get me wrong, it's rough and will kick butt no doubt... but it's more long then steep.

I have a lot less anxiety now about the race because, well... even though I walked most of it, I've already completed it.  And now I know what to expect and what to prepare for!

It was a really great day!  Much needed R&R... I'm so sore!!  My left knee kills and my right foot hurts crazy... I'm beginning to question that it's plantar fasciitis and I think I might need to get in for xray!  Always something... ended the day with motrin, a hot bath a not so great meal for me (chicken wings) and my book!  A perfect day!  And the kids got to go to the park, and to Daddy's restaurant for lunch, and then to see Lorax!  They had a great day with Dad too!  I'm sure I'm missing them a lot more than they are missing me!



In the race I have to run over the top of this waterfall... I tried it today and it wasn't very easy... very slippery and you will be left with heavy wet shoes for the rest of the 6 mile race :/


No comments:

Post a Comment