Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Napping House

A while back, my sister Christine sent the kids a copy of Audrey Woods book, The Napping House.

If you've never read the story... it's cute... about the sleeping mouse, atop the sleeping cat, atop the sleeping dog, atop the sleeping child, atop the sleeping Granny... who are all awoken in the end by a biting flea!

It came to mind today as it felt like there was a heavy spell cast upon my house... turning it into a napping house!  And this sleepy Mommy had three sleepy children, and one sleepy cat (minus the fleas) all in bed with her for most of the day!  Dad picked up the slack by cooking (a delicious) dinner tonight, a much appreciated break for me!  And we ended the night with a family outing to Yumz... our favorite frozen yogurt shop for dessert!

It was a nice lazy day of nothing! :)

Tomorrow however, will be a full, fun day of maybe too much on the agenda... so I suppose it's good we've taken a couple days to rest!

Tomorrow, we will be heading into Chicago to go to Lincoln Park Zoo and walk Lake Shore to Navy Pier.  We'll have dinner at Bubba Gump (Run Forest Ruuuuun... sorry couldn't resist a good run pun)... and visit the Children's Museum.  Total walking distance will be approximately 6 miles!

On a side note, can I just tell you how bad I miss carbs!?!?!

Holy smack what I wouldn't do for some pasta, chips or potatoes....mmmmmm.  I can hardly look at Pinterest these days with out my eye directly darting to the pictures/recipes involving carbs and/or pasta!
I may have to cave tomorrow and allow myself some shrimp linguine at Bubba's... with a cold beer!
Mmmmmm.....

Napping, shrimp linguine and beer!!???  Someone slap me quick and get me back on track!

What do you think?  Is it best to stay firm and strict when it comes to weight loss... or better to indulge occasionally in moderation?

No comments:

Post a Comment