Saturday, March 24, 2012

Charting The Course...

Believe it or not, I've been having quite a bit of anxiety about this race.  It's probably just my fear of failure creeping in... but I've been feeling kind of anxious and nervous... hoping I haven't bitten off more than I can chew!  I've been also experiencing some fear of never being able to lose the weight!  I know I'm plateauing right now... and hopefully it will pick back up soon... but I can't help but worry... what if it doesn't?!

I've had a couple of bad dreams about the race itself.  Getting lost on the course... hurt, or just passing out from exhaustion on "Big Bertha!"  (the big hill on the 9th mile).  I think a lot of my fear is just of the unknown.  What's the terrain like, what do I need to ready myself for?  How big is "Big Bertha" exactly...!?  I have no idea, because I've never been to Waterfall Glen.

So since the Brave Husband is on vacation for the next week... I'm going to take the opportunity to leave him with the kids and go check this thing out!  I'm going to walk/jog the course... (walk more than jog, I'm sure)  and take some pictures to get a better idea of what to expect!

It's an hour away, so I may stay in the area and do it again on Monday before coming back... not sure yet.  But I'm looking forward to the break to get out there and feel it out... and grateful to the Brave Husband for holding down the fort while I'm away!

I'm nervous to leave my babies overnight.  Only other time I've ever left them was for my girlfriends wedding and the first day I left my oldest ended up in the hospital with a seizure.  But at least this time, I'm only maybe 50 miles away verses 2000.  And it's only one night!  Besides getting a run in, I'm looking forward to sleeping in and reading up on my book for book club!

Gonna get some sleep now, tomorrow is going to be a very long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment