Thursday, March 8, 2012

6 Pounds Down, 44 To Go!!

So I'm not sure if you've heard about the recent solar flares?  Pretty wild!  I know it's kind of a scary thing... messes up technology and what not.... but honestly, this small one I feel was just God's way of saying "GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND GO ENJOY THE HEAT!"  :)
So, we did!

Yesterday was gorgeous!  We had a high of 58!  It was really windy, but not bad enough to keep us in!
I paused in the morning, before getting dressed.  Instead of grabbing jeans.... I opted for a track suit.  And instead of my easy slip on clogs... I opted to sit down and lace up some athletic shoes.  I wore them all day.
Here's what I realized.  If I "Dress for Success" it goes a long way in helping me reach it!  I had an extra bounce in my step from the shoes... reminding me constantly through out my day of my goal.  So instead of bending from the waist to grab that thing off the floor... I would bend from the knees instead.  Instead of standing around waiting for my second child to get out of school.... they get out 5 minutes apart, my middle child and I ran laps around the basketball courts.  I would guess we put a good 400 meters in,  I would know for sure once I figure out how to use this fancy new pedometer watch.  He's faster than me, by the way... my 4 year old.
When we got home.... we played outside for nearly 2 hours!  While I couldn't really 'run' with 3 kids in tow, I sure got a lot of exercise anyhow!  Running up and down the street pulling little sis in the wagon.  Brothers followed on their bikes.  I would guess another 1400 meters... so a little over a mile.  Not a big deal... but beats doing nothing at all.  AND, my kids were THRILLED to have happy, energetic, plays-with-us Mom, instead of fat-lazy-sit-on-her-butt  and watch from a chair Mom!  The neighborhood kids (and Mom's) appreciated it too since I was pretty much playing (and supervising) with their kids as well.
I'm still recovering from this nasty cold... so it was good not to push it but still do something!

For lunch I ate one of my oldest and most favorite dishes.  If my sister, Christine or my oldest best friend Joy are reading this, they'll testify that this has been one of our most favorite meals since we were kids!
The positives are that it is quick, cheap and easy to make.  It is also very healthy and boasts 11 grams of Protein!
The negatives are that it includes salt, just not the same with out it... which can make you swell and the lemon juice can take the enamel off your teeth if you have too much.  Also, it's not a good idea to eat too much of the Tuna, because of the mercury.

So here it is:  Iceberg lettuce, one can of tuna in water, drained on top the lettuce... sprinkle with lemon juice and salt to taste!  Have at it!  Delish!  This will never work for my husband however, he hates tuna!


For breakfast I had an Atkins bar.  It was... ok.  Filled me up, surprisingly.  16 grams of protein and 10 grams of fat.  I didn't read much else, told you I have a hard time caring about this stuff... and I certainly don't want to become a maniac about counting calories... but somewhere in the middle around AWARE is good for me!
For dinner, I made the kids lasagna and pumpkin pie for dessert... I picked the cheese and pasta off and just ate the meat and sauce.  No pie for mama!  I wasn't really hungry, maybe my stomach shrunk with this cold, food isn't as fun when you can't taste it so it's been easy to start the diet part while sick!
I also started taking a multi vitamin again, and it made a real difference in my mid day (3pm) slump!
I've been caffeine free for 3 days!  Drinking TONS of water, and so thirsty!  I noticed I'm sweating a lot too, and urinating often.  I think it's the excess urea from all the protein.

I weighed myself last night for the first time in a week, and I'm down 6 pounds!  184!  That's nearly a pound a day!  Never thought I'd be excited about being 184... but it's 6 pounds closer to my goal!
Can I getta WOOP, WOOP!!  :)

(sorry it's sideways I couldn't get it to stay flipped.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see you're blogging, and this is definitely a subject matter I can relate to!
    Great job. And, just so you know, I would NEVER have believed you weigh 184, EVER. I look at you and see you as a skinny chick!
    You're beautiful.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Ronda! You just made my whole week! "skinny chick" WOW! to be fair, I think I look a good 10 to 20 less than I weigh. When I was wearing a size 4-6 before kids, and in the best shape of my life I still weighed around 140. I think my bones must be extra heavy or something... because no one has ever believed me when I tell them what I weigh. I have missed you and I'm so glad we're back in touch!! I hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete