Sunday, April 1, 2012

Have You Heard The Word?!

Be still my heart... not only can dark chocolate help your heart... chocolate can also help you lose weight!
Scientists at the University California San Diego completed a study in which out of 1,000 participants, those that ate more chocolate had lower BMI's.

http://fitbie.msn.com/lose-weight/can-chocolate-help-you-lose-weight

Pinch me, I'm dreaming right?!  Two very good reasons to eat more chocolate (within reason of course).   See, I knew there was a reason I crave chocolate! ;)


In other good news... I have been educated in the world of Starbucks.  It may not seem like a big deal, but I'm in a book club now that is meeting there once a week I want to be sure that I'm ordering the lower calorie, lower fat options of what I love.  So the nice lady behind the counter was kind enough to teach me the difference between a 'skinny' verses 'light'... skinny has sweet n low instead of sugar, light has sugar, you can have skim milk and/or soy.  Both do not have whipped cream... so my order for now on will be as such: decaf light mocha frap grande.

I speak Starbucks!  :)  Welcome to the world, Mel!  Now if I could just get smart enough to figure out  my smart phone... I should probably start by charging it... that would be good!

This week, Spring Break is over and it's back to the grind!  I'm actually looking forward to getting back onto our routines.  I think I'm going to exercise every day this week... even if it's on the wii, or elliptical, something every day for at least a half hour.   I need to make up for all the slacking off I did on break!  Cheerio folks, cheerio! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh thanks for the Starbucks definitions! I always wondered that! And yay that you don't go for the artificial sweetener crap...yucky, yuck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Maggie! I am loving your blog and in particular your etsy shop! SO cute! You're such a crafty gal! I'm glad to get to know you! And I couldn't agree more on the fake sugar crap :P I much prefer something my body can break down over chemicals!!

    ReplyDelete