Friday, April 27, 2012

His Needs, Her Needs...

No, I'm not discussing the relationship self help book.... although I own it and it's a good one.
I'm just speaking generally here.

How in the heck do you all balance out your needs, with your husbands needs, with your kids needs?!

This feels like a constant struggle in my life.

I have to start out with the fact that I am very proud of Jeff...he has been really steadfast on this weight loss thing!  I mean, he is so all or nothing... and when he puts his mind to something... he does it.
He's at the gym when he's not at work.  And it's showing.
I'm impressed by his ability to watch me eat french fries and not even have one!

BUT here's the thing... if history is an indicator... he'll do this til' he reaches his goal weight and then he'll slack off and eventually give way to the temptation of yummy food again... you can't live your whole life with out ever enjoying good (bad) food again!
And usually he let's the lifestyle of making healthier choices and working out go because he doesn't have BALANCE!

YA, I want to lose weight... but I love food just as much so once I reach my goal weight, (and obviously before then too)  I'll just be moderating and working out so that I CAN eat the stuff I want... in moderation... once in a while.

Anyhow, I've been joking with him that he's going to need to run this race for me, because he's getting a lot more gym time!

Granted, I don't work out in a gym so I am dependent on weather to get my work outs in, but I also have 3 kids six years old and under that are dependent on me constantly... so when they're home sick, so am I.   And at the very least I usually have at least one in tow... and honestly, I'm not loving running with a stroller.  It just doesn't have the freedom component... one of the things I love most about running.

I feel like there's a complete imbalance when it comes to the sexes.
I would be willing to bet that whether a woman works outside of the home or not the majority, if not all of the responsibility of the home and children, falls on the woman!?

So maybe it's not that men just lose weight easier than women... maybe men just have it easier period.
If I had the freedom to leave and do whatever I needed to do whenever I wanted to do it... things might be different!?

Just say'n....

and on that note... he is finally off today, so I am going to


Fast... and far... and I may not come back... til' tomorrow!  :) 

OH wait, but first I need to get all my kids ready for school, make sure lunches and snacks are eaten/packed and make sure there is nothing else left undone...  you feel'n me ladies?!

No comments:

Post a Comment