Thursday, April 19, 2012

Taco Bell, huh? Jamba Juice, wha?

Today the weather was kinda 'egh' ... and since the walking pneumonia incident, I can't seem to run outside anymore if the temp falls below 50!  It rips my lungs a new one!  So although my foot still feels great (Yay Asics) and I feel pretty good... I opted for working out indoors.  Most of which I did on my back... focusing on the abs!  Some light cardio... kind of a recovery day.

My son asked for Taco Bell after school and I was almost about to do it... but instead, went to the store where we picked up some whole wheat, high fiber... low carb tortillas.  Light sour cream, low fat cheese, tomato, lettuce, ground Chicken and get this... refried BLACK beans!
Did you even know there was such a thing!?  Me either!  Yup, organic refried black beans!  I LOVE refried beans and was wishing yesterday that I could have some in my burrito so imagine my excitement when I found this healthier option!
There was a happy dance on aisle 7!  :)
The burritos were delicious and not even the kids could tell the difference!
I cringe to think about all these years that I've been doing full fat sour cream and cheese, brown beans, white bread and white flour tortillas.  Sure they taste great... but so do the healthier alternatives!
Either way, home made is always better than fast food!  So much sodium and MSG... and what the heck is in that meat anyway?!


My middle son came home complaining of a soar throat!  :/  The weather has been kinda bipolar lately... colds happen!  So I immediately turned to my VitaMix.  Ice, two whole oranges freshly squeezed, one packet of EmergenC with 1000 mg of Vitamin C (tangerine flavor, yum!), 1 banana, a handful of black berries, a tbsp. of flax seed, and a good squeeze of honey....


It was num-e!



Taco Bell and Jamba Juice used to be two of my favorite places... but now.... who needs 'em!?  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment