Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sometimes, You Just Need A Quickie!

Get your minds outta the gutter! ;)  A quick run... this is not that kind of blog! Ha!  :)

Don't mind me, while I amuse myself.
So today, I went for a quick run... 2.5 miles in 21.38 minutes... no stops, 9 minute miles!  I am very happy with that as that is the best I've done yet... and I think I owe it all to my new shoes!!  Love'n me some Asics Gels!!  This morning I woke up with out ANY pain!  None!  Do you have any idea how amazing that is for me, it's been months since I could walk to the bathroom in the morning with out holding onto furniture due to this dang right foot!  I am amazed and grateful!!  So very grateful!

Are you embracing the bounce?!  Ya, me neither!  I tried the whole..."well what's the difference between fat on your belly or fat on your chest, why is one sexy while one is not!?" stuff... but it only works so well, ya know!?  Which leads me to my other great find... spandex.
Let's get real for a minute here.... when you've gained weight (like I have) it aint pretty in the thigh area.  There will be rubbing and chafing... ouch!  And that belly blubber bouncing... ugh!  It's all very annoying and a constant reminder that you indeed have been a lazy ass!
I get it, I'm fat... but that's why there is spandex shorts with tummy control fronts to hold it all in and prevent the chafing.  I wore them under my running shorts... yes I said shorts, it was sunny and warm today... albeit windy, my hat kept blowing off... I now need sunblock! :)
Anyhow, point is, no more bounce and no more chafing!
They're a fat girls best friend! :)

Here are some pics from my run today!  Would you just look at this path!  Do you hear that?
"Come run me... come run me..."   :)






While I was on the path today I came across this:


Someone spray painted on the path "Don't Pity the Living"

This resonated with me enough that I took a picture!  Not that I want pity, ever... but until recently I have been alive, but not living... there's a difference between breathing and living!

After my run, I had a smoothie for lunch!  The Vega One has enough carbs and nutrients and it's filling enough to be a meal replacement!  I added that to three pieces of kale, a tablespoon of flax seed, some strawberries, blueberries, almond milk and ice.  It's healthy and delicious!  And Kale and Flax Seed, if you haven't heard by now are real SUPER foods!  Seriously, they give you Super Powers such as fighting 9 different types of cancer, improving your bowels, skin, hair, energy and so much more!  Cheers to that! :)


YA.... I got the curly straw... don't be jealous! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment