Monday, April 23, 2012

In A Funk...


You ever have one of those days... or even a few of those days... where you just feel funky!?
No real reason why... you just don't feel much motivation or desire to do anything?  
Not happy, not sad... not anything really... just... bleh!

Well, I have been feeling funky!  
I lost 2 more pounds... and even that barely mustered any excitement.  
I ate pizza tonight with the kids, and yesterday I enjoyed some artery clogging french fries that I washed down with a soda!  It's been so long since I've had a soda, I hiccuped through it and couldn't finish it because it tasted too sweet!  Imagine that!  I used to drink several a day!

I watched like 3 different movies, read, watched some crappy reality TV like 16 and Pregnant... believe it or not shows like that actually make me feel better!  It's like... man, I thought Motherhood was rough and I'm 32... at least I'm not trying to raise kids in my parents house, with zero income and a baby's daddy that just barely acquired facial hair... while I struggle to get a GED!  
I mean, things could always be worse, right?! 

So anyhoo... this blog is a confession of sorts.  
I have been a lazy... falling hard off her own bandwagon, bum!  
I have been feeling bad about this... but then I read a quote that said 
"Time wasted... if enjoyed, was not wasted" and it actually made me feel a lot more justified in my actions.  I mean really, sometimes we just need to be.  
"We're human beings not human doings."  Right!?

But tomorrow... it's back on the band wagon!  
I'll be a Vega, kale, flax seed smoothie sucking... running, circuiting... fool!  :)  

Til' then, I'll be in my bed if you need me... watching Smash!  
(Love me some McPhee y'all!)  ;)

*** Edited to add that while watching Smash... what do they roll onto the set for their high maintenance star?!
A VitaMix Blender, Kale and Flax Seed smoothies!  
HA!  Too funny!  I had to actually laugh out loud!
See what I mean?!  Everywhere you look... inspiration and validation!
You're on the right path! ;)  
OK, funk over!
Thanks to my friend Kristin for promptly calling me after this post to make a 'wogging' (walk/jogging) date for tomorrow evening!  Good look'n out friend, thanks for keeping me moving! 

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! 2 more pounds! That is awesome girlie! And don't be so hard on yourself, you are doing awesome and every now and again we all need a break from structure!!! PS....love me some Smash too, yeah for Mondays! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maggie! :) I have definitely needed a structure break!! Glad to find a fellow Smash fan! Woot! Well see, there it is ... something that excites me... albeit it's a television show... but whatever, it's an emotion towards something! :) All hope is not lost! HA!

    ReplyDelete