Thursday, April 26, 2012

Curbing the Cravings...

The weather has been chilly... after being in the high 70's and low 80's.. to the high 40's low 50's sent this house right back into sickness!  Ugh!  
My kids missed 5 days of school, which made me want to pull my hair out... and quickly made me panic and wonder how in the world I might survive the summer!?!  
WHICH reminded me that we are supposed to be taking a trip out west to Vegas and Cali, to see our families in June and celebrate a wedding in the family an just catch up because it's been 2 years too long since we have!  

So I haven't slept in 2 days!  I've been combing the internet non stop and on the phone trying to figure out what our schedule will look like and what everyone in our families schedules will be like... and I'm still in the middle of all this planning!  Realizing that time has gone by way too quick and we are literally planning this vacation last minute here!  When will I learn!?

So I was doing real good with the sickness and all... chicken soup, vitamix smoothies... until, this evening.  My son asked me for a happy meal and well, it seemed like a good opportunity to negotiate getting my family room picked up in exchange... all the while escaping chicken soup for a 3rd time and cooking dinner!  Win, win, win for me! :)

Where I lose is when I caved and ate those french fries and a fried chicken sandwich!  
And might I add that I haven't run in 2 days!  Eeeek!  Seriously, Mel?!  
Tomorrow... your butt is run'n!  
Unless I catch the kids cold and I'm flatlined ... (knock on wood).

Hey, remember one of my first posts when I was discussing cravings and how when we crave something I felt it was that we actually need something in it or even something else entirely?!  And I was wondering if anything has ever been proven on it.... well, I'm not sure if this is 'proven' I found this on Pinterest... but thought it was interesting! 

I notice french fries and fried chicken sandwiches aren't on the list!?  Hmmmmm....  ;)

2 comments:

  1. This is great advice Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! I'm not sure how valid it is... but it's worth a shot to see!

    ReplyDelete