Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Get'n Foxy on the "Mighty Fox" River

I've lived in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago for 6 years now... and only 2.5 miles from the GIT (Grand Illinois Trail) a beautiful trail of over 575 miles!  I knew it existed thanks to my Brother In Law Joel who is an avid biker and probably knows about every path on the continent?!   But ask me how many times (before today) I've actually gone to see it?
None.  Yep, none.  Why?  I have no idea!  It's gorgeous out there, what the heck have I been doing?

And Dr. Matt... you'll be glad to know I am SERIOUSLY considering a good bike purchase now after seeing this path today!  It's just too much to see, and too far to go on foot!  I'm enticed and I want to see more!
Joel, Matt... and anyone else out there reading who loves a good bike ride... come on out!

http://chicagowildernessmag.org/issues/summer2003/weekendexplorer.html

It was a gorgeous day today, in the 60's but sunny, perfect for a good run!  The Fox River was invigorating as was the breeze off of it!  The birds were singing, blossoms were blooming, butterflies flying... I forgot my ipod and didn't miss it!  Spring sounded absolutely beautiful!

I enjoyed an easy and fairly quick 5 miles ... something about some new scenery does wonders for your spirits and your stride!  My foot didn't even bother me today!  It was an absolutely perfect day!
(and again, wish there were more like today)  ... normally it's tougher, but days like today go a long way in helping you push on through!

Here are some pictures from the day:











2 comments:

  1. I love that trail Mel!! Maybe if you ever want to walk we can meet up! Not sure my belly can handle any running in it's current state! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to Maggie, I like to walk also! Let me know when you have some free time and we can meet at the park by the river and go from there? I can't wait to get back out there and see more, can't believe it's taken me this long to check it out!

    ReplyDelete