Sunday, April 29, 2012

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead!

I haven't had a KANKLE this big since I was ready to give birth to my kids!


I may be laid up here with a sprained ankle and an ice pack... doing my ABC's with my toes to stretch out... but that doesn't mean I'm not still working towards my goal!

The fact that I can't work out for at least a week means that I'll have to be more diligent than ever in eating and drinking all the right things!

Because, we lose weight in the kitchen and get fit in the gym!


I received a ton of positive feedback from the introduction of the VitaMix!
Not only do I LOVE it, I am finding many of my friends love it as well!

One of my oldest and dearest friends Kim, shared this website with me on facebook.

Kim has never been heavy a day in her life, even though she's had 4 babies!  
She has always looked amazing... and maybe this is why!?  :)

http://www.jointhereboot.com/index.php?lang=en 

(I like the concept of this website, and loved the documentary... but I have to say I had issues when trying to sign up and just navigating the site in general... it would load up really slow, in comparison to other sites that I was on at the same time with no trouble.  I have still not been able to get signed up... and all I want is the recipe's so I may have better luck on the web with a search!?)

I hadn't considered juicing exclusively.... but after watching this documentary Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, featured on the website above... I'm thinking I need to be juicing more!


Here's a link to the documentary if you're interested:

Then I see another friend of mine on facebook, Sarah... posting about this very documentary and it starts to feel, again.... like the universe is trying to tell me something!  I'm listening!


I found it to be very Inspiring!  
It made me think about what started me on this journey in the first place... a health scare!
I've had a few... tumor in my thyroid, dangerously high cholesterol, but when I found myself just months ago feeling like I was having diabetic shock... that is what scared me into action.
The thought of having diabetes freaks me right out!


I don't know if I could juice exclusively for 60 days... but I'm thinking of trying to juice 2X per day starting May Day (May 1st) through the end of the month... and having a healthy dinner each night.  That, for me... is doable!  At the end of May, we go on vacation!  So a month should be just right?!


My favorite takeaway from the documentary is when he says, when we skin our knee, we leave it alone and it heals itself.  Why can't the same be true for the insides of our bodies?  When we're sick... we should give our body the nutrients and rest that it needs and let it heal itself!  YES!

I believe that we can prevent disease and heal our bodies with the foods we eat and drink.
Medicine and antibiotics are great... as a last resort!  (In my humble opinion of course).




No comments:

Post a Comment