Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Oh Crap... Was That Today?!


Today was a deadline.  A Deadline for something kinda big.  Something I hope I wont always wonder "what if" about.  Something, I don't think I was able to blog about but I think I'm safe in doing so now... that I missed the deadline.

So here it goes.

When I started this blog... if you've been following, you know I only did so with the intentions of having an outlet for my thoughts and emotions while I train for this 15k, a way to be held accountable and/or receive advice by you guys... my family and friends.  A place to journal what I'm putting in my body to become more aware.
As a bonus, I was hoping that this process of change would inspire a new found respect and bond with my oldest son who until now has not been that impressed with his old Ma!
And finally, I was hoping to inspire others along the way... which I hope I have!

I can honestly say that after one months time... this blog has already served it's purpose... and more!

Something came about that I never saw coming.  A couple weeks ago I received an email from a Television Producer.  I almost deleted it with out reading... figuring it to be spam or something.
Nope, she found my blog on BlogHer and asked me to apply for this new weight loss show they're doing on Oxygen to air this fall.

Qualifications needed were to be between the ages of 20-35.  Check.
Must need to lose at least 50 pounds.  Check.
Must have a big personality!  Ummm, Check, I think!?
Then she said the words:
"Over the Top!" "Fierce" and "Sassy!"   Hmmmmm !?????

To which the Brave Husband quickly decided, "You are not what they are looking for!"
Hmmm again.

I'm not sure whether I was hurt or complimented by him saying this.
I suppose it depends on what you mean by 'over the top, fierce and sassy!?'  If you mean obnoxious & annoying?  Then I'll take that as a compliment.

Then we went to see Hunger Games over the weekend and on the way out he said, "Katniss reminds me of you!  You'd be just like her!"
Katniss for those who have been living under a rock and haven't yet read or seen Hunger Games (I kid) is the main character.   I considered that a compliment... but it only confused me further.
Katniss, I would say is pretty fierce, sassy, and dare I say over the top, No!?

Well, I was supposed to have my written application along with a video sent in by today... and seeing as I've completed neither... I guess I've let the opportunity pass me by.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I'm not sure if I really wanted it or not... or if I was just so honored to be considered and contacted in the first place!  I was more excited that a TV Producer read my blog and liked it enough to contact me!  That, to me, was more encouraging and exciting then being on TV.  The idea of being on TV kinda gives me anxiety.  So I don't know... I do know I spent almost an entire week now trying to decide if I was what they were looking for or not... or if they were what I was looking for or not... until the opportunity just passed me by.  Oh well.  It's true Mel fashion to procrastinate and examine something to death... and do nothing.  :/  Boo me.

2 comments:

  1. Try not to dwell on it, Mel! You have PLENTY going on in your life without the added challenge of being on a TV show. You're doing great-- and are such an inspiration. You've absolutely inspired me to start getting back into shape-- and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Keep doing what you're doing-- you're amazing :)
    Darcey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support Darcey and for trying to help me with the stink'n video!
    I'm more at peace with it today since I actually put the work in and did my best to get it submitted.
    I also feel like the process was important... making the video brought a lot of stuff up and out for me that I didn't even really know was there. Sort of freeing. It was just the resuscitation I needed to keep going!

    ReplyDelete