Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pre-K Play!

Today was a fun and exhausting day!   My middle son is in Pre-k and his class had a field trip to Petco to learn more about pets for pets week at school.  His teacher's asked me to chaperone, but I couldn't bring little sis, so big ol' thanks to my good friend Kristin for taking Sissy for me so I could go!

My son was so happy to have Mama there with him on his 1st Field Trip and I was excited to be there also!
I was 'the shiny new toy' as his teacher put it because suddenly all of the 17 children wanted to simultaneously play with me, talk to me or hold my hand!

I'm telling you, if you're ever having a bad day or feeling low... go hang out with a bunch of kids, they'll make you feel like the best thing since sliced bread!

After the field trip I joined the class for circle time where I read them stories and then we had outside play... where we (you guessed it) ran races!
My son said, 'can we run Mom?' so I said of course... and the next thing I know I had 17 kids running around the play yard with me!  It was too cute!

I was a preschool teacher for 4 years before having kids and I have forgotten how much I loved and loathed it.  I mean, the kids are freak'n awesome, but man is it draining!  I was exhausted when I left!  And the germaphob in me just couldn't help feeling like I needed a good scrub down when I got home as well, HA!  You're always sick when you work with or have kids... just part of the gig!

I'd do it all again. :)

I also had a really great talk with my brother Tony this morning too!  I really need to catch up with him more!  He has a ton of good information about proper eating and nutrition as it relates to primitive lifestyle and Atkins... I wish I had been taking notes!  I'm going to need to follow up and get it all down!
Feeling very blessed for my family and friends and my health!

Happy Birthday to Papa who is 87 today!  May we all live as long and as happy as he... love you Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment