Thursday, April 12, 2012

Move Over Cookie Jar... There's A New Kid In Town!

I got my Vita Mix yesterday, and used it all day long today!  I can tell you right now, I'm going to need to clear off some space on my countertop because this bad boy is never getting 'put away!'

I am in LOVE with it, already!   Seriously, so impressed!  Thanks Mom for helping me to get it! 
Happy early Birthday to me!  :)

For lunch I made myself a smoothie.  1 piece of washed Kale, (when you're buying organic watch for the worms.. they love kale... or keep'm extra protein ;)  HA!  JK)  1 tbsp. of flax seed, 2 strawberries, a quick grab a blueberries, 1 tsp. of my new Vega powder, and half a cup of almond milk.  Blended it up with some ice and voila!  Filled me up for hours and I still have steady, natural energy from the Vega One....not the stereotypical jittery then crash and burn energy!



After school the kids wanted milkshakes... so I put in a banana, 4 strawberries, a grab of blueberries, 1 cup of almond milk, washed kale, a scoop of peanut butter and a packet of carnation instant breakfast for the chocolate flavoring and vitamins and minerals.  Mixed it all up with some ice and 'tadda'.... "Milkshakes!" :)
They sucked them down in minutes!




For an early dinner.... the kids helped me make a simple soup in the Vitamix... 2 carrots, washed, but not peeled...even left the ends on!  2 pieces of celery, one tomato, couple slices of onion, clove of fresh garlic, 3 tbsp.s of cilantro, 1 cup of homemade chicken broth, a little warm water, a dash of Mrs. Dash lemon pepper and garlic herb... and mixed it up for a few minutes until smooth and hot!  The VitaMix flash heats the food so it's still considered 'eating raw' cause it doesn't cook out the nutrients!  I mixed in some corn and black beans for texture and crushed up some whole wheat ritz crackers on top for the kids!  They gobbled it up!
Dinner. Done. Just like that.  And healthy to boot!  Saweeeeeeeet! :) 
I heart my VitaMix! 



No comments:

Post a Comment