Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Embrace the Bounce!

Today the weather was just right for a good run!  And seeing as I've got these new shoes to break in... that's just what 'we' did... sissy and I, while the boys were in school.  I put her in the stroller and we were off!  I felt sluggish at first, it's been a while... too long!
The baby condo was bouncing again and distracting me... but I'm learning to embrace the bounce... it wont go anywhere if I don't.
So instead, I played mind games with myself... pretending my belly bouncing was hot,... in the way some might view Pam Anderson running on the beach... oh if only I could push the blubber UP!

Around mile two, I started to feel good... and realized the shoes... were still awesome!   I tied my laces loser than usual and it took some getting used to, but I can see why it's important!

I am very happy with these shoes!  I'm reluctant to say "I've found the one" for fear that these too will turn into a toad!  But dare I say, I really think, hope and feel it to be so!  So much so that I have 5 pair sitting in my amazon shopping cart right now.
Well, they no longer make them... and they're clearanced out for $54.99 with free shipping... that's a great deal!  And look how long and hard I've looked, and how much I've spent to get here!
I don't know, maybe 5 pair is a bit much.... HA!

So just when I was starting to get my stride my daughter starts whining about something ...I thought she was saying "a bug go!?"  she hates bugs!  But I kept telling her there's no bug and she kept insisting..."abuggo" what does that mean in 2 year old language?
Finally, it clicks when I see her trying to lift the stroller tray!
She's saying "Abajo, Abajo" = "Down, down!"  ...  :/  Thanks, Dora the Explorer!

I have to admit I was really reluctant to let her out of the stroller, I was just getting a good pace!
But who can argue with a two year old in Spanish!?  Not me... so I just said "si" and let her "abajo".

Instead of wishing she were in the stroller so I could run, I began wishing I had brought my camera!
She was too cute chasing the flutterby's and blowing the dandelions!  She walked, skipped, hopped and ran for nearly a mile!  So happy!   We saw birds and ducks and even a beaver, all the while... I made an effort to suck in my stomach the entire time we walked!  Holy isometrics, Batman!  My stomach is sore as if I had done 100 crunches!
Whenever the thought crosses your mind, suck in your stomach and multi task, see how long you can hold it!  We used to do this in dance... and it's fantastic for toning!

We stopped at the park and played then ran home, just in time to get the boys from school!  What a great afternoon!

Time for dinner... and believe it or not, the Vitamix was not used for this meal... for a change :)  Starting to crave some substance!  So I made a combination of the squash, zucchini and cauliflower... cut up in noodle, stringy shapes or broken up small... cooked, drained, then I poured 3 eggs over the top along with some cheddar mixed in.  Sauteed up the onions, with some garlic, cayenne pepper, thyme, garlic herb, lemon pepper and bacon I had already cooked earlier...broken up small into bits.  Poured that over the top with more shredded cheddar and green onion, baked for 15 minutes while I cooked up some chicken for protein.
It was really good, and good for you!

Here it is before cooked.. and after below:



The kids love apple juice, but with all the arsenic concentrate from China crap stuff in the news lately, I've really lost my desire to purchase juice anymore.  And now with the Vitamix, I don't have to!  Two apples and one pear, (whole... stem and all... that's where most the fiber is) into the mixer with water and 2 tbsp's of organic sugar and voila, homemade apple/pear cider!
They loved it... and I loved not having to wonder if I was poisoning them or not!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment