Thursday, July 5, 2012

When One Door Closes, Another One Opens...

The race is in 16 days!  Eeek!

I was further along in my training 2 months ago than I am in this present moment.
Vacation and mostly the surprise pregnancy and miscarriage really set me back!
Se la vie... that's life right?!  You win some, you lose some!
I can't do anything about it now other than my best to get it done!

The day before yesterday I was up before the sun... trying to beat the crazy, humid heat!
I headed back out to Veteran Acres (where I sprained my ankle last time).

It has been my first time back since the injury... and my first time running on unpaved path since the injury.
Needless to say I was much slower and a lot more cautious this time around!
I only put in 5 miles this time and it was tough!  A far cry from the 8+ I put in nearly effortlessly on my last visit.  So it was a good assessment of where I'm at and how much I've lost in training.

While it's very frustrating, I'm hopeful that I can get it back quicker this time around since it hasn't been that long since I've had it.

In other news... my husband got the position he was applying for, in Dallas Texas!
He is quitting his current company after 9 long (and frustrating) years... and happily starting up his new position the 23rd of this month!
He will literally be watching me run my race and then driving down to Texas to begin his new journey.  The kids and I will hang back to get the house rented out or sold... whichever comes first.
Then I'll be making the move down south as well!

A very full plate these days!  Bitter sweet this move.  We will miss our friends!  We will miss the home we brought two babies home from the hospital to.  We will miss our annual trips to Michigan and my family up there.  We will miss Chicago... and it's energy.

BUT, we are very excited and hopeful for the future.  I feel, it is time... to move on!
I pray it all goes smoothly and that our expectations for a better way of life are realized.



I'm considering keeping this blog going... once I've reached my goal of running 15k.
I will continue to eat right and exercise... and hopefully lose more weight... but I'm also thinking of ways I can earn and save 15K.

On my way to 15k will transform into a new venture that will be all about cutting costs, budgeting, couponing, selling, saving, and all other creative ways of resourcefulness!
I am interested, like most people in America... in getting out of debt and living a simpler, happier and more secure future!

Same title,... new journey!  I hope you'll come along!

2 comments:

  1. Love the saving $15k idea....especially eating right while saving! We still struggle with quality (organic) over quantity and where to draw the lines. And, I never pay retail prices for anything. So, I'd follow for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lizzy! :) I appreciate your support and encouragement! I would love to hear more about how you do things... always looking for advice and ideas!

    ReplyDelete