Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy Trails

So I have been trying to get out there at least once a day since it's crunch time now and I honestly don't feel ready for this race.  Like, at all.

I even tossed around the idea of blowing it off.  Not because I don't want to do it... but because the hubs will have a 3 day weekend between the two jobs and we haven't yet taken our annual trip to Michigan to visit my family up there (and the beautiful beaches, of course)... I'm thinking that might be our last chance and maybe our last visit... as a family!  Man, that makes me sad!! :(
And I'm scared because I lost so much of my training with the sprained ankle and pregnancy/miscarriage... I really don't feel ready for this race at all.

So I decided to put it to a family vote!  (The beauty of a Party of 5 is that there is always a majority rule!)

AJ, do you want to go to Michigan or watch Mom run her race?   Answer: "MICHIGAN!"

JB, same question.... Answer:  "I've been to Michigan, but I've never seen Mom run a race... so I say, watch Mom run.  Can we go to Michigan after you run Mom?"   (Not a bad idea, but it's 10 hours driving rountrip for 1 night... followed by an 18 hour drive to TX.?  hmmmm)

Sissy, Michigan or Mommy Run?  Answer:  "Mommy Run!"

So if we're just going off the kids votes (as the Brave Husband, was not brave enough to weigh in) ;)  It looks like I'm running the race.  Or walking.  Or crawling.  Whatever my tired old body allows me to do.

I went back out to Veteran Acres yesterday, I really am going to miss it there when we move!
It is such a mix of prairie, woods and wetlands!  Gorgeous, seriously!
And it's possible to run a completely different run each time you go, there's so many different trails!

This time I took a camera/phone to capture a little bit of what I'm describing here.
Not my own of course, cause I can't seem to keep my phone charged to save my life!
But the Brave Husband was brave enough to loan me his right arm... I mean his phone. :)
Thanks honey.

For your viewing pleasure:

Amen! ;)

Tree roots for a staircase, anyone?


THIS is the downhill turn that took me down!  My dang ankle, STILL hurts! :/


The Mighty Pines

A Fork in the Road!  

The view from the top...^

Where it connects to the GIT (Grand Illinois Trail)... ^

The sound of the leaves blowing... sounds just like running water... so relaxing!


Pictures really don't do it justice!  This has easily become my favorite place to run!

In other news:
I would like to have a moment of silence for my I Pod.  :(  
It died.  
I had to run with out it, and let me tell you... music makes a difference!  
I'm really tired of the whole downloading, purchasing, syncing stuff...  told the hubs, I really want an old school walkman!  Remember?!  

How totally rad would that be?!  I could just listen to the radio... for FREE!  So much easier... as long as I could shrink it to ipod size so I don't have to sport the fanny pack with it!  THAT is where I draw the line!

OH, what's that you say?  They make it?  STOP IT!

No!  They do!  LOOK what I found!

YUP!  :)

And since Amazon takes Discover rewards, I was able to redeem mine and get this already affordable little puppy for nothing!  YAY!  See that, already on my way to 15K... on the trails and in the bank, baby!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment